Developing Strategies for Enterprise and Employability activities
This first workshop was held from March 27th to 29th, 2017, at the Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP), Cambodia, and was attended by 24 participants from the 8 Asian partner universities in the Hub4Growth project. Lecturers and animators were from the European partner universities.
Thang Long University has sent a team of three staff belonging to the Post-graduate and Scientific Research Department, the International Relations Department and one lecturer from The Economic Sciences Faculty to attend the training workshop.
Materials available from the Workshop by chronological order (most links will open in a new tab/window)
Day 1 (27th March, 2017)
- Agenda of the workshop
- A short video introduction (7:21) to the workshop by professor John Gabriel (London MET): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqVfCgEaJk
- Presentation by the University of Peloponnese (Greece) on the strategy it adopted for employability: see the video (16:24).
- What are university enterprise, by professor Alex Krouglov (London MET): see the video (23:20).
- Introduction to Fundraising: see the video (8:08), get the slides (PDF).
- Professor John Gabriel explains quickly what the partner universities may achieve with the Hub4Growth project: see the video (4:53).
- Professor John Gabriel presents the importance of data collection and analysis in the process of determining a strategic plan towards improving employability and entrepreneurship in each higher education institution. See the first part of the video (29:56) and the second part of the video (21:41).
- Video-conference with Associate Professor Danielle d’Hayer (London Met) about embedding employability in higher education curriculum. See the first video part (37:19) and the second video part (15:27).
Day 2 (28th March, 2017)
- Professor Alex Krouglov introduces the concept of institutional strategic planning using a Strength-Weakness-Opportunity-Threat (SWOT) analysis. See the video (29:17) and get the slides (PDF).
- The Svay Rieng University (Cambodia) team presents their own SWOT analysis exercise. See the video (14:21).
- The Purbanchal University (Nepal) team presents their SWOT analysis. See the video (13:27).
For any comments and inquiries, you may contact us by email at uec-tlu (at) thanglong.edu.vn.